Do you ever just crave a huge, hearty bowl of carb-laden pasta? If you are following a ketogenic diet plan or simply trying to avoid refined carbohydrates, you don’t have to torture yourself! These ketogenic zesty zoodles will satisfy your craving and also give you a skin glowing boost of nutrients! This dish is a massive bowl of zoodles (aka zucchini “noodles”) topped with the most flavorful pesto you have ever had, made from scratch!
After you make this easy keto recipe, you are going to want to “spiralize” just about everything! I mean, who doesn’t love a good veggie noodle?
It’s “Spiralizing” Time!
First and foremost, you need a tool to turn your zucchinis into fabulous curly “zoodles.” You have several options when it comes to spiralizing:
- The “old-fashioned” way – simply use a vegetable peeler to create skinny strips of zucchini
- Hand-held spiralizer – great options include this one and this one.
- Countertop spiralizer – more expensive, but examples include this one and this one.
Credit: MootikaLLC on Pixabay.com
*If you aren’t following a keto diet and still want some zesty pesto pasta, just use regular pasta noodles!
Why Is this Keto Diet Recipe Amazing?
This fancy dish should take you less than 30 minutes, and you are sure to impress your date or your friends! On top of that, it is lush with skin-boosting nutrients like vitamin C, manganese, fiber, vitamin A, calcium, iron, and more! If you suffer from acne, recipes low in refined carbohydrates and with a low glycemic load like this one may help your skin!
Credit: Caroline Attwood on Unsplash.com
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag a photo #Dermveda on Instagram!
Ketogenic Zesty Zoodles
Cilantro-based pesto gives this plant-based ketogenic recipe a zesty kick of energy on top of a heaping pile of zucchini noodles!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Diet types: Gluten-free, Vegan, Ketogenic friendly, low glycemic load
- 2 medium-sized organic zucchinis (4 zucchinis if you are very hungry), washed off very well and the ends cut off
- A splash of water or vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of organic cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of sliced or slivered almonds
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, almond oil, or any oil of your choice (*optional – omit if avoiding oil)
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
*Garnish (optional) – 2 Tablespoons pine nuts for each serving
- Food processor (this one works perfectly!)
- Frying pan
- Twist each of your washed and trimmed zucchinis through the spiralizer to make twisty noodles, set aside.
- In your food processor, add all the pesto ingredients above and puree until mostly smooth. Set this aside.
- You can eat your zucchini noodles raw and cold if you prefer, but for warm zoodles, heat them on a frying pan with a splash of water for 3-4 minutes (stir constantly).
- Divide the zoodles into two bowls and top with a generous serving of the zesty cilantro pesto.
- Garnish with pine nuts if you wish!
Make your own Ketogenic recipe at home: KetoGentic Zesty Noodle Recipe
For further reading on diet and skin, click on the article links below: