Does your eye care routine leave much to be desired? If so, check out these Ayurvedic eye care tips and trips to build out a daily routine for more beautiful eyes:
- Splash your eyes in the morning and evening with cool water.
- Take a 20 minute rest after work. Cover your eyes with cotton pads moistened with rose water, aloe vera juice or fennel tea. You can also try an eye pillow filled with flax seed.
- Drink cooling drinks like aloe vera water, fennel tea or apple juice. To make fennel tea boil ½ teaspoon fennel seed in a cup of water until reduced to half volume. Sip the brew when it’s warm (not hot) in temperature.
- Grind equal parts raw almonds, raw sugar and anise seeds (1/3 each), mix, and add ½ to 1 teaspoon of the mixture to a cup of warm milk or non-dairy alternative. Drink daily.
- Whip egg whites into meringue and dab it around your eyes to help tighten the skin.
- Try the old cucumber ring trick, or, for a tropical twist, try placing pineapple rings on your closed eyes instead. The enzymes in pineapple do great things for the tender skin around the eyes!
- Massage your feet with anise lotion and a kansa wand, a fascinating bronze massage tool that is being called Ayurveda’s best kept health and beauty secret.
For more on the Ayurvedic approach to eye care, check out this Skinspired post.